Sunday, September 15, 2013

Unique Hand Made books


As an artist and librarian, books in all forms have always been of interest to me. In this video you will see some traditional and some creative artistic statements. Papermaking also plays an important role in some of my more unique structures.
Please enjoy my video.


Food for Thought is a statement on what many important people have said about food throughout history. To make this book I used carrots, mulberry, celery, onions, and asparagus in the background. The book itself has rhubarb paper for the outside, corn paper as the end papers, and mulberry, asparagus, and herbs for the book paper.
The head is covered with thin paper made from kozo and cotton.
Most of these books are showing at my show: The Artist's Brush in Phoenixville, PA.

No comments: