Saturday, February 23, 2008

Spring flowers bring color....


Daffodils are the forerunners of sunny days and more Spring flowers to come. I also notice that they tell us a lot about the climate in my yard. I love to grow the flowers I paint. Each Spring I start looking on the South side of my house for the early bloomers. It is amazing how it takes several weeks for the bulbs in other parts of the yard to start blooming. I don't complain because I then have more time to enjoy their company in my artroom. I did the daffodils last year. This year I am going to try snowdrops and crocus. So keep checking back.
This serigraph is an edition of 100. I then take the black/white print and handcolor the flower. Each print is unique because my palette constantly changes with my different choice of colors. I like to frame them in a tradition gold frame with a simple matting. But framing is a personal choice when you need to fit it into your home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Computador, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://computador-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.